EU VS. VIRUS
In the Spring of 2020, I joined the virtual Hackathon team 'Survivors' in creating an app to combat COVID19. The team had already gone through phase one, and I was brought on to update the existing UX design, presentation deck, and submission video. Collaborating remotely with healthcare professionals, data scientists, and developers from Europe and New Zealand was challenging at times, but the overall experience was new and rewarding for me.
I worked on the project for two weeks, and during that time was able to:
- Learn Figma to redesign all the slides needed by the developer
- Conduct target persona and market research
- Redesign the presentation deck
- Write and record two separate scripts
- Write and record the final video submission (I did not edit the final video)
- Attend daily Skype meetings with the team
While I do not consider myself a UX designer, I think there was an improvement from the original design and I'm happy with everything we could accomplish in the short time period.